David and Dr Sandi Nye are now practising in Pinelands, Cape Town. Although they have a special focus on treating chronic health conditions, they are happy to offer guidance and treatment for all health issues.
believe that the path to health involves not only physical but
also mental, spiritual, emotional and social aspects of one’s
being. Each individual has an innate healing potential, expressed
as a Vital Force, which must be encouraged, not blocked or suppressed.
Dr David Nye, a registered General Practitioner, Homeopath and Acupuncturist, and Dr Sandi Nye, a registered Naturopath both practise Integrative Medicine to optimise treatment in difficult and complex dis-ease situations, as well as day-to-day problems.
Integrative Medicine is practising medicine in a way that selectively incorporates elements of Complementary and Alternative medicine into comprehensive treatment plans alongside solidly orthodox methods of diagnosis and treatment.
We believe that you, the patient, need to take responsibility for your health, whereas we are here to guide and assist you in that quest. It is not our aim to dictate but to form a team with you to negotiate and plan how best to achieve optimum health.
This is the essence of an HOLISTIC and INTEGRATIVE approach to health.
Those suffering with Chronic
Disease know that it is a journey with many ups and downs, many hopes and disappointments. There may be genetic factors involved, which are beyond your control. There are often many obstacles in the way, which hinder cure. Conventional medicine seldom offers a cure for chronic disease; but it can be life saving in acute emergencies and acute disease. Complementary and Alternative medical approaches are needed, together with a Functional medical plan, to address the complex problems in chronic disease, and to bring about metabolic and energetic balance which restores the body to self-regulatory optimal function.
Together, we need to:
* Identify and remove the obstacles
* Identify and avoid allergens
* Support the organs of the body
* Modulate the immune system
* Assist the Vital Force to restore health
Treatment of chronic disease
is very complex and it is important to follow a structured and individualised program.
* At the outset, Live Blood Analysis with a Darkfield Microscope provides much information about the state of the “terrain”, thus guiding treatment when needed.
* Nutritional therapy, and the selective addition of supplements, is used to address deficiencies or excesses.
* Lifestyle errors must be corrected as these can present significant
obstacles to cure.
* A variety of specialised and unusual tests may be utilised to aid in the diagnosis.
* If indicated, challenge testing for heavy metal toxicity can
be performed. Chelation
therapy is based on the results of the test, and
is the most effective way of ridding the body of toxic metals.
* Most adults with chronic disease have developed a leaky gut, which needs to be repaired. A stool flora analysis may be used to diagnose imbalances. The gut can be healed with Regulation therapy using Herbsand other natural medicines.
*Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome is a recently recognised condition, which explains the mystery of those who suffer with the symtoms of underactive thyroid glands, while having normal blood tests.
Each person with his/her dis-ease is very individual, thus the above schedule is merely a guide, as the path of healing is different for everyone. The patient may opt to pursue a more Naturopathic approach with Dr Sandi, or a Homeopathic constitutional approach with Dr David.
Please inform our office if there are any therapies that you prefer, or wish to avoid.
In addition to those already mentioned above, a variety of other treatments are offered at the Centre.
*For muscular or joint injuries, chronic headaches, or sinusitis,acupuncture treatment with laser or needles can be very effective. A very effective treatment for many conditions, called Biopuncture, involves injecting Homotox preparations into acupuncture or trigger points.
* Emotional upsets or imbalances can very safely and quickly be helped with Flower Essences, which are made up into a prescription bottle, to be taken by mouth.
* Rife Resonator therapy is another modality used, which has proved very useful in viral, fungal or parasitic invasions. A Resonator is available for rental on a weekly or monthly basis from the practice.
* B.E.M.E.R. therapy employs rapidly pulsating electro-magnetic currents to assist healing tissues and restoration of energy. A BEMER is available for rental on a weekly or monthly basis from the practice.
* Ozone Therapy is an efficient intravenous method of boosting the immune system. High dose, intravenous Vitamin C infusions are used as part of a natural approach to cancer, and for relieving the side effects of amalgam removals.*EDTA chelation therapy infusions are recognised as a means of improving the cardio-vascular system. This is a long-term treatment, especially effective in atherosclerotic conditions.
* Aromatic Medicine is the exciting scientific development of Aromatherapy, using essential oils internally and externally to treat illness.
If you would like a consultation